Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Someone to Look up to

      In everyone's life, they have that one person who they admire and look up to. Someone who you always listen to and respect and learn important lessons from. This person could be a parent, grandparent, teacher, or even a friend. You could always trust and believe that they would always be there for you no matter what. The person who I looked up to was my grandfather. Ever since I was a little kid listening to his stories about when he was a kid and when he was in the Navy, I knew that he was a very important person in my life and I wanted to be just like him. My grandfather was a great man and he taught me so much. Every time I would talk to him, I would learn something new. He taught me the importance of family and friends as well as an education. He put his wife and family before everything. His dedication and love towards his wife and three children throughout his life was amazing, especially during the time he raised them. I admired this very much. My grandfather was a man of his word. When he said something to you, he meant it. He would tell you what was on his mind and would always tell you the truth. Most of the time he was a stubborn man and would want to do everything on his own without anyone's help. With all of that, he truly was a great man and I will always remember him and try and live like he did.

      After reading this, I would like to know who you look up to? What makes you look up to someone and make them important in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment