Monday, April 15, 2013

Chasing Your Dreams


Theodore Roosevelt once said, “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” The way you obtain something worth having is through hard work and perseverance. When you work hard for what you believe is worth having, it makes getting that something feel so much better. This quote by Theodore Roosevelt stood out to be because that's what I try to follow and do in my life. I believe the only way to get what you really want in life is to work hard and never give up until you obtain it. When I want something I usually set a goal and work towards that goal until I succeed. I wont give up no matter how hard i have to work or how difficult it is. I will make sure I succeed in the end. That's the only way I think that you can obtain something worth having. If it's not worth having, you wont put so much effort into getting what you want. you would just forget about it. 

In the Movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Lo Dark Cloud showed this type of perseverance while trying to get Jen Yu's love back. Lo loved Jen so much but they weren't right for each other  he was an outlaw and she was a princess and they would never be able to be together. Lo didn't care though. After many years after they went separate ways, he came back for her just like he said he would, but Jen told him she didn't love him and he should leave her. That didn't stop him from trying to get her back. During the day of her wedding, he fought his way to her and told her how much she loved him and how they were perfect for each other. No matter what obstacle came his way, he worked hard to get what he thought was worth having. 

No comments:

Post a Comment